From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:55:30 -0700
On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 22:49:04 -0700, Wally Day <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Okay, it's been a long day cavemates, I'm getting
>> tired.  So what's the
>> bloody verdict here.  Do we eat the blasted fish or
>> take the fish oils from
>> the shelves.
>
>I, too, have read many conflicting reports on the
>subject of the safety of fish. It really seems to
>depend on the species of fish, where they were caught,
>and at what depth they normally 'reside'.

Well, it seems pretty clear that modern foods are very deficient in Omega-3
fatty acids, especially as compared to the likely Paleolithic era diet.

So, in order for our hormone systems to work properly, we have to get Omega-3
fatty acids from somewhere.

If cost is not a factor, then the Sears Labs fish oil supplements are the
safest ( www.searslabs.com ), since all the toxins are carefully removed.
Other fish oil supplements could be equally good, if you can get a straight
answer from the manufacturer about how they are made.

Otherwise, the most natural and paleo-friendly way is to eat wild salmon,
sardines, herring or tuna.

--
Cheers,

Ken