From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 17:55:44 -0400
Dave Karas, our list owner, and I were so lucky to spend Saturday
afternoon and evening with Ray.  Nobody else took Ray up on his
invitation so we had him all for ourselves which turned out to be
quite a treat. We gave a him a tour of Venice Beach and took him
out for ribs in the evening. Ray is tremendously passionate about
his work and posseses a very dynamic and entertaining personality.
If ever you get the opportunity to meet him in person, do not pass
up on it as you will be missing out on a major paleo, peak experience.
His many observations about human and and animal behaviors are
very astute and pointed showing clearly that the stick is not the
only sharp tool in his shed. But, of course, we all knew that. :)

Ray, if you are reading this, thanks for a great time. I hope
the taping went well.  Next time, if you forget the pemmican, as
punishment your choices for eating out will be narrowed down to
Dunkin's Donuts and the International House of Pancakes. ;)

Peter