From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:38:20 +0100
Very few studies have been done on zc, as yet - I was referring to numerous anecdotal reports garnered from various rawpalaeo and cooked zero-carb forums as regards high-fat zc(low fat zc would likely be deadly given rabbit-starvation).

While I concede that zc is healthy for some, I did very badly on zc(did 3 trials(high-fat) for 5-6 weeks each, and had to cancel each time or end up in hospital as the symptoms became so bad). A ZCer suggested that people with adrenal fatigue might have problems on ZC and since I'd had adrenal burnout 3 years before, I figured that even though I'd fully recovered from that condition some time back, that perhaps the ZC diet puts extra stress on one's glandular system. Subsequent mentions by others re thyroid issues on ZC also convinced me. But I'll admit that this is hardly conclusive.

 At any rate, the ZCers I've come afross online do  admit that there is a transitionary period in which sporting performance goes way down as the body adjusts. They also admit that, on long-term ZC) recovery-time between bouts of physical performance is much longer and that anaerobic performance is reduced - something to do with limited storage of glycogen, I believe(?).

Geoff

> Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:47:46 -0700
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: How fire made us human
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Can you site your sources? Was this a low-fat-zero-carb diet? That's the problem with Cordain is he advocates lean meat. Bad, very bad.

> Of course, there are many other issues re zero-carb, cooked or otherwise, such as the inevitable drastic drop in physical performance re sports,(some anecdotal reports re stress of no-carb diets on the thyroid), and other issues.
>

> Geoff

Get the best of MSN on your mobile
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/