From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 22:06:57 +0900
On Thursday, Dec 9, 2004, at 20:16 Asia/Tokyo, Kristina K. Carlton
wrote:

> This is something that has puzzled me for a while now. If I don't drink
> water for about 30 minutes, my mouth gets uncomfortably dry and my
> breath
> starts to get really bad. It's unpleasant and embarrassing.

Are you a nose breather or a mouth breather? I was a mouth breather
from childhood on, I literally couldn't get enough air through my nose
to live on. After starting paleo that radically changed. Especially
doing low carb really helped. Now I sleep very comfortably breathing
only through my nose, whereas before I had to keep a cup of water next
to the bed my mouth was always so dry.
>  My digestion is
> really bad. If I don't supplement with psyllium seed husk or take 2 to
> 3 tsp
> of ascorbic acid I won't have a bm - I know some on this list have
> mentioned
> they have a bm every 3 to 3 days, but that just doesn't feel good to
> me. I
> also don't think it's healthy, is it?

I had that before paleo, but two days on high meat low carb stopped it.
  Some people complain of constipation on low carb but it was the
opposite for me. If I eat bread or junk food a few days in a row I go
right back to stinky gas and constipation though.

If you are constipated on low carb I suggest an apple with every meal.
It worked for me, and it is a lot better than psyllium I think.