From:
Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:10:17 EDT
In a message dated 08/30/2002 1:50:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> These excruciating headaches are mainly
>  linked to my monthly estrogen cycle, but can also be triggered by
>  stress, too many hours of strong, direct sun, or just plain exhaustion.
>  I'm wondering if anyone else is following a high-protein paleo eating
>  plan and is still troubled by migraines.

Oh, yes, I can relate.  I *used* to suffer from them 2-3 times weekly.  For
me, the answer came via a side-effect of blood pressure medication
(atenolol).  As soon as I started to take it, the headaches were virtually
gone.  Since then, even though my BP is well within normal limits (weight
loss and paleo) I continue to take a mini-dose that keeps the headaches at
bay but has no measurable effect on my BP.  Paleo or not, this has given me
back many hours of my life that were previously wasted sitting in a cold dark
room praying for sleep!