From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:49:51 -0700
Everyone is different.  My mother went threw her change at 33, my older
sister at 38, my younger sister now 38, started at 37, and me, now almost
40 have no signs of change at all.
Trish
On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 05:19:03 GMT Alison Whitwood <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Hey girls, What age is it normal to go through menopause?
>
> I'm 34 and consider myslelf years and years off it yet.....
>
> However, I haven't had any children yet and in the absense of a
> decent man,
> it's not going to happen quickly. I'm starting to worry about
> running out of
> time...... eeek
>
> Al
>
> >From: ardeith l carter <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: [log in to unmask]
> >Subject: Re: [P-F] Hormonal Changes
> >Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 09:59:45 -0400
> >
> >On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 01:56:57 -0400 Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
> >writes:
> > > Any paleo gals out there notice any hormonal shifts while
> following a
> > > paleo diet?  Lately, I have noticed increased  breast
> > > tenderness and swelling exactly as if I was premenstrual (and
> NO, I
> > > AM NOT PREGNANT).  I'm wondering if the diet could cause this.
> >friend at
> > > work suggested that women store excess estrogen in their fat, so
> when
> >one
> > > begins to lose fat, this could release the stored estrogen into
> the
> > > bloodstream and result in hormonal shifts that could cause my
> symptoms.
> >

> >Ardeith writes:
> >Run, do not walk....to the nearest bookstore and acquire
> >the two following books........
> >Susan Weed's book...."The Menopausal Years".....and
> >a copy of Christiane Northrup, MD's book "Women's
> >Bodies, Women's Wisdom"....
> >
> >You are approaching your Change of Life, and if you
> >don't know what that is all about, these books can
> >save your sanity..........the following is part of a
> >workshop I have done on the Change, and speaks
> >to your question above....................................
> >

> >************************
> >Physical changes
> >           On the most basic level, The Change
> >      is the ending of a woman's Moon-times....the
> >      end of the monthly bleeding she has done
> >      since she entered puberty.....the end of her
> >      capability to bear a child.  Her ovaries slow
> >      down estrogen production.This disturbs the
> >      hypothalamus gland, which controls blood
> >      temperature, sleep and energy. Women feel
> >      they have no energy....they do not sleep
> >      well....and they experience flashes of heat
> >      that sweep from head to toe....sometimes
> >      causing a bright red flush....and copious
> >      sweating. The autonomic nervous system is
> >      also affected causing disturbing, uncomfortable symptoms.
> >           But the ovaries are not finished with
> >      their life's work as yet......they still have a
> >      function to fulfill....the ovaries will still
> >      produce androgens which promote muscle
> >      strength, vaginal elasticity, sex drive, and
> >      general health.    These androgens are con-
> >      verted into estrogen in direct proportion to
> >      the amount of body-fat a woman carries.
> >      The ovaries and other glands  continue to
> [...]

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover, You May Be Missing Out On A Great
Story.....

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.