From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:29:49 -0600
Haven't posted for awhile, but this thread interested me mightily.

>I followed the thread further down and it appears that
>the "death" was a hoax.

I followed the thread on the fruitarian support list as well.
What is wrong with these people? Here's an expert from one
message. They were conversing as if this were *NORMAL* ?????

> as a fruit. I
> guess I have to confess however, since becoming
> fruitarian I have
> become literally addicted to caffiene It's the
> only thing keeping me
> going these days. If I dont drink enough I cant go
> about my daily
> business. Furit alone doesnt seem to give me any
> energy. Fruit gives
> me energy along with the coffee, but since still has
> sugar, although
> natural, I have found I have high blood pressure and
> I get really
> hyper. My blood pressure shoots up, my heart starts
> pounding and I
> start running around like a hyper child then drop.
> I eat more fruit
> and coffee and Im off and running again like Steve
> Irwin the
> Crocadile Hunter (Since you are from Australia you
> probably have heard
> of him). Then I drop again when the effect wears
> off. I am now at 89
> lbs. The weight just keeps dropping. Im starting
> to wonder if I am
> not getting enough calories or something. As for
> what I look like, I
> look like I have been in Auswitch. Im bruising
> really easy now, I
> broke three toes recently hitting a wall and my size
> fours are too
> big. My breasts are gone, my parents want to have
> me sent to a doc to
> see if Im anorexic. Lynn jsut stays out of it. He
> has just said
> "whatever" and tried to express his concern, but I
> dont listen. I
> still feel okay though. My periods are no more. My
> body fat level
> has dropped to 5% now. I will add greens but only
> natural ones. I am
> eating grass in the lawn outside. That is the only
> greens I will eat.
> I think what you said is true as to the calcium.
> Thank you. Peace be.

Whew. Thought I'd heard everything until I read that.

>Someone wrote about T.C. Fry and his early death.

I've posted that a few times.

>It might be interesting to point out some other examples
>of fasting. For One, Paul Bragg wrote the book, "The
>Miracle of Fasting." Paul Bragg died in his early to
>mid-nineties...IN A WATER SKIING AND/OR SURFBOARD
>ACCIDENT.

I read that it was a head injury that occured while he
was swimming in the ocean. Perhaps a board or ski hit
him in the head causing loss of consciousness.

>Interestingly, Jack Lalanne was a student of
>Paul Bragg.

True. But the *only* thing these three have in common is
that they believed in using some form of fasting (juice
in the case of LaLanne) for health restoration. Neither
Bragg nor LaLanne can be termed Natural Hygienists or
Fruitarians whereas, TC Fry "claimed" to be (although some
accounts dispute that he really lived by his own teachings).
Therein lies a huge difference.

I was at one time a would-be Fry "student". But I could
never get past the fact that what he wrote and said flew
in the face of known evolutionary history. His adherence
to his notion of "common sense", and his disdain for
scientific methodology made for very entertaining reading.
But, that's about it.

I find it quite fascinating that the three major proponents
of the NH/Raw Food Vegetarian philosophy that I'm familiar
with all died very early deaths - and according to their
"followers", all died early *not* because of their psuedo-
scientific dietary habits, but because they "worked too hard".

Hmmmmm. Explain that to my 82 year old smokin-drinkin-junk-
food-eatin father who worked hard clear into his seventies.