From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 17:23:01 -0600
At 06:12 PM 5/7/01 -0400, Richard Geller wrote:
<snip>

>If you eat fruit as fruit, you are less likely to over consume. Pulverizing
>or juicing fruit will encourage you to consume too much, IMHO. I keep the
>fruit shakes to a minimum, perhaps as an occasional dessert. I eat more
>fruit in the summertime.

Interesting...  in that I find that when I blend up fruit with water, I eat
less than if I ate them plain and whole--probably because part of the
allure of fruit for me is water content?  That's my theory, anyway...
Perhaps it's my proportions--I generally have about 2-3 oz of berries
blended with 12-16 oz of water first thing in the morning...

Now juicing, absolutely--way too easy to get the sugar of several pounds of
fruit downed in one sitting that way.

Dianne