From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 20:31:30 +0100
At 12:32 2002-02-10 -0600, Marylee wrote:

>Are you suggesting that suckling causes the production of milk?

I guess there are others on this list who knows more about that (from
experience) than I do. Regular suckling is what starts the ability to
produce milk, also in females that have not recently given birth.
I have got the impression that the very milk mixture is mostly produced
at the very suckling time, but there is a build up between suckling
occasions. You can not suck or squeeze milk from a killed animal other than
very little, and the question is if it is actually the same thing you get,
as a suckling calf gets.

- Hans