Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 16:25:27 -0600
>Second, it has everything to do with paleo, because the thread is about the
>claim by someone on this list, that the Paleo Diet is a "religion", because we
>do not know everything about nutrition, and therefore Paleo is a "belief".

Paleo isn't a belief.  Paleo is a religion, in which people believe.

>Philosophy is about the only area where I claim some expertise,

What makes you think that you are an expert?

>  and the use of
>the words "belief" and "religion" by this person are entirely incorrect, and
>are based on a pop "post-modernism" that uses word games to attack other
>people's ideas that seem inconvenient and disturbing.

Nothing to do with word games.  I did not attack Paleo at all, nor because
it was inconvenient and disturbing, I happen to like most of the ideas.  I
simply pointed out that it was a leap of faith, a belief, and therefore a
religion. You were the one who attacked me with word games about "cure".

>Certainly, one cannot find any idea that is more inconvenient, than the idea
>that eating processed agricultural products is unhealthy.

You can't think of a single more inconvenient idea than a diet?

Katrina.