From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 19:27:02 -0400
Charles wrote:
> With all due respect, I think there is too much of a tendency to look for
> these sorts of "reasons", and these "allergies" and "sensitivities" are
very
> fashionable these days. I guarantee that I do not suffer from any
> sensitivities or allergies in any shape or form. The only thing I am
> sensitive to is food, that is too much of the wrong sort. And that is
refined
> starchy food, and this is simply a metabolic result of the digestion
process,
> not some mysterious personal "sensitivity".

It's good that you don't suffer from "sensitivities" but others do. We are
all different and it is valuable not to generalize too much from our own
individual responses to things, because others' mileage does vary

I have specific symptoms whenever I eat tomatoes, peppers, wheat, corn, and
some other things. There is no question that I have always suffered from
these things but only an awareness of the problem -- through Atkins at first
and in recent years through eating paleo -- did I realize this causation.

I feel I am much healthier for it. I can eat small quantities of potato
chips and have no problems, but if I eat the wrong foods (for me) I suffer
for the next few days. I am glad that others do not have this problem, but I
know that many do, and if they were aware of the importance of diet, they
would be much healthier and free from many allergies and common illnesses
that so many accept as "normal."

--Richard