From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 22:38:32 -0700
>This is what I feel is a typical holier-than-thou attitude.  A paleo elitist
>attitude.  I do not believe that eating ice cream once per week is the
>equivalent of "playing in traffic."

>Sometimes I have to sacrifice a small amount of physical health to achieve a
>higher degree of emotional health.  Part of a good health program is the
>need to feel emotion, the need to interact with others.
>
>Justin Hasselman

Justin, I humbly beg your pardon. I meant it more humourously than it
obviously came out. I agree with your seeking emotional comfort, but hope
eventually that you won't need to choose between athletic performance and
health. This is a tough line; I'm an ex-athlete and coach, and I saw a lot
of folks including myself suffer way too much in attempting to achieve
goals.

I haven't been Paleo long enough to be an elitist, but I have, over the
years, shed a lot of compulsions regarding particular foods as well as
social situations. For me it has become vastly important to focus on
health, and perhaps this is where my emotional health also lies these days.

As Dori said, if it's only a little ice cream once a week, you're way ahead
of most folks, and right in being proud of that. Few of us can get much
closer, especially as we don't even really know what's best yet. I
apologize. I never meant to lump you in with the folks who can't control
themselves and then can't understand why they are sick.

ginny and Tomo

All stunts performed without a net!