From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:48:31 +0900
On Friday, November 18, 2005, at 05:05  AM,
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Thomas > Sure. But none of that changes my point. If you want unnatural
> results, you have to put in unnatural ingredients.
>
> I believe paleo exercise, at least for men, was infrequent and intense
> and followed by periods of rest.

Some times, yes.

>  Like the weight lifting regime I'm
> suggesting.  What's unnatural and decidedly un-paleo is running miles a
> day .

Funny then, that humans are among the slowest and poorest of sprinting
animals, but right near the top of distance running ability. How could
this ability have come about if they didn't actually run?

>   No wonder runners have knee and back problems: It's not paleo.

If I point to my worn-out elbow joints and hand pain, should I say that
weight lifting isn't paleo, or that I just didn't use the right
techniques? Running is paleo. Intense muscular effort is paleo. Both
are paleo. And more to the point, the paleo diet will easily support
both. But it won't usually support a swartzneggerish physique.