From:
Gregg Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 22:51:05 -0400
****
Andrew wrote:

Date:    Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:53:10 +1000
From:    Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: "Dr." B. and Cancer

gregg wrote:
<possibly misdirecting some tortured cancer-sufferer to sidestep serious
treatment and the REAL science that lies behind it).>

not that I'm batting for the bizarre Bernarr, but what solid science [re
cancer] are you referring to here Gregg?

andrew

Well, for starters Andrew, you might want to check out about any issue of
the _Journal of the National Cancer Institute_.  You can then follow the
chain of references from about any article that interests you.  Solid
science.

p.s. Note to Jean-Claude ... salut mon pote ... on parle francais ici ... I
like your philosophy Jean-Claude, but if there were any doubt as to the
legitimacy of "Dr." B, it should have been completely squashed with his
defense to the latest round of criticism to which he was subjected.  He
obviously knows nothing about the Hayflick Limit or telemeres/telomerase, or
Olovnik, or Blackburn, or, for that matter, any of the basic science about
longevity (actually, there is perhaps a chance that he knows about it, but
obviously cannot interpret it).  But, science does support the mind-body
link, the mind-body link's connection to health, and that lifestyle (e.g.,
diet, exercise, philosophy of living, quality of social ties, spirituality,
stress control) affects our probabilities of good health and longevity.
(But these are probabilities, not certitudes.)  I think your approaches,
Jean-Claude, will lead you to a high quality of living well past the "100
ans" mark!  ;o)  (a la prochaine fois!)

Gregg

*********