From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:40:13 -0800
-

>> > ..2..The enlargement is not a consequence of
>> aerobics; the slower heartbeat or
>> > pulse rate reflects greater efficiency
>
>The heart's weight, volume, and left ventricle's
>thickness and chamber size all increase as a result of
>endurance training.

When i was a semi professional soccer player , we did a special training
before the season started.
We did endurance running ( slow pace but long time) for 3 weeks we got told
that our heart volume will increase and the walls wil get thinner
proportionally to the volume. The result was that i could play 3 games in a
row without any tiredness , but was totally unable to accelerate the pace, i
could not sprint anymore.
Following that endurance training and to complete it we did 3 weeks of
resistance training ( soudain short accelerations followed by walking) and
we got told that now the walls of the heart will become thicker and will
allow the heart to circulate the blood with more force.
Once we completed the process , it was amazing how much i gained on races
like 400 m or 800.m or evn 1500 m  ( races that i was not very good at,
being too endurant in the 1st place) i never felt as powerfull at that time.
2 years later i quitted all sports ( i was studying to be a sport teacher)
went thru emotionals trauma
made big change in my lifes) and had very little physical activities except
gardenning the 2nd year and none the 1st year . 2 years more and i got very
sick ( in fact my health started to
decline when i quitted,  to reach the point of total unability of movments)
always understood that it was a big factor in my health decline ( at the
same time i became vegetarian with cooked grains and dairies and raw
vegetables)
So was it the quitting that damage my health or was it the intensity of the
training ( 3 hours everyday)?
I wonder if a high intake of carbohydrate ask for more physical activities,
specially the aerobics ones to counterbalance and make it okay  but without
exercices it is a dangerous diet .
jean-claude

Cardiac muscle hypertrophies just