From:
Judy Genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:48:42 EDT
Charles Alban refers to Native Americans using theraputic bathing in their
rituals.  I wanted to share my experience this week having just returned from
vacation in Utah and Nevada.

I hope this is not  too off topic...  While returning from  hiking in Zion
National Park towards my hotel, I spotted a handmade sign that was tucked off
to the side of the rode in southern Utah.  It simply said Hot Springs with a
hand painted arrow.  We slammed on the brakes, took a long dirt road down to
the edge of nowhere, and were greeted by a man who told us, "$10 for the
whole day until dark for you, $5 for the kids.  Within 10 minutes, we were
sitting in sulfur springs collected in stone pools, some tucked inside small
caves, some open air.  The water was 104 degrees.

It was like  being in another dimension, sitting there beneath crystal blue
skies, the Virgin River tributary running beneath the pools.  Everything was
surreal about this place.  Words fail to convey the body's response to
sitting in mineral waters.  All I kept thinking was, "I bet the Natives knew
about this long before the original owners called it a spa in 1917."

Could say more, but I know I'll get slammed for not sticking to the rules.
All I can say in my defense is this was the most paleo experience I have had
since eating this way.....

Cheers,

Judy Genova, cavegirl who smells like rotten eggs