From:
Ryan Chapin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:23:56 -0500
> Re: Egg Questions
> From:
> Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
> Date:
> Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:03:47 +0000
>

> I can't remember where I read it... I think it was on this list
> once... but someone said they were in Hawaii or somewhere similar and
> saw wild chickens feeding off the carcass of a wild pig (I always
> imagined the reverse to be more likely).  I guess chickens really
> will eat anything... which I guess is why they have become so
> popular.  I mean the only thing that would make a more cheaply-fed
> farmyard animal is us :)
>
> Ashley

My wife and I were in Hawaii last spring and we also saw these wild
chickens.  They are everywhere over there.  When we asked if people ate
them or their eggs we were informed that they and the eggs tasted
horrible, the main reason why you saw so many of them :).  Evidently,
they are a completely different species from the chickens that we use
for eggs and meat.

--
Ryan Chapin
PowerfulWebsites.com                Website Systems Engineering