From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 06:44:05 -1000
>>jean-claude:
>>
>>>Diseases are a totally human made concept . It doesn't exist in nature .
>>>There is only natural regulation systems
>>>to maintain a healthy balance between individuals and species. Humans  are
>>>dreaming  of being exempted from thoses and manage just to makes them
>>>harsher  and louder in their expressions.
>>
>>Whether you call it a "natural regulation system" or a disease is
>>immaterial. Some wild animals--eating much more pristine and wild foods
>>than you do, jean-claude--do indeed die of disease (regardless of what
>>you'd prefer to call it).
>>
>>If you, or your loved ones, happen to die from a "natural regulation
>>system" we will see how much difference semantics makes.

jean-claude:

>>From my own experience dying from natural regulation system is not a big
>deal , making your self miserable from fear of dying is the  big deal.

It sounds like you may be a human "dreaming  of being exempted from thoses".

>Vaccinating your self or repressing any manifestation of "disease" with
>antibiotics is creating lot of useless suffering and it is wishfull thinking
>to see it as an improvment over natural regulation systems.

Who knows? We haven't vaccinated but there may be more to it than you can
simply dismiss offhand because it doesn't fit well into your theories on
the universe.

Further, you have resorted to medicines to improve your damaged health and
appear to still be looking for a way out of your health problems.

>The difference might appear  just a  semantic one  to you as long you
>believe that we can  improve  our health status thru artificial means

The way you eat is as artificial as any other (relying on modern methods,
refusing to cook, etc.). The trouble is that you have accepted your method
as the only true way, and must bad-mouth everything else as un-natural.
It's almost like a religious fanatic--Especially when you blatently ignore
non-examples to your theories.

>Eating a wild pristine diet ( as if it was possible in our disturbed
>environments)  doesn't exempt from pain and death . Having a less pristine
>one  and creating a medecine didn't and doesn't do any better in that regard

And eating a non-instincto diet doesn't mean pain and death. So what?

>So what is the point of all this struggle apart from  making ourselves
>miserable to the point of wanting to buy  hope.

Beats me, jean-claude. You seem to be struggling all the time. What are you
struggling against?

>all what i see is that  the more we interfere , the  more we try to control
>natural phenomenons like viral communication , the course of rivers or
>whatever ,the more we will  have to admit our powerlessness to do so
>The sooner the better!. because in that recognition of life vulnerability is
>all its power.

You always seem to end your thinking with this sort of new age mumbo jumbo
these days. It is unbecoming.

>when you live in the wild you can't escape your vunerability,  domesticating
>ourselves give us the illusion that we can for a while....

What is this supposed to mean?

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft