From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:25:04 -0700
I could not BELIEVE the meatloaf recipe I saw on Good Morning America this
morning.  They're doing a weeklong series on low-carb recipes.  Mebbe
they'll have an idea or two that fits in with our line of reasoning.
Ennyhoo, the chef made a turkey meatloaf with a LOT of couscous.  I never
saw my mom put that much starch in a meatloaf.  It was then topped with a
tomato sauce.  If you're strictly watching your carbs, you have to be
careful there.  I'm gonna check the web site to see if it has the full
nutritional breakdown.

Then again, the chef DID come on right after Laura Bush's launch of a heart
health intiative for American women.  Maybe he worried about following a
gubment "official" with an ultra-low carb recipe.  They also touted that it
was low calorie, which tends to mean high-carb.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

http://wine.msn.com/