From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:41:55 -0500
Lynnet Bannion wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 06:55:39 -0600, Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
>> - by the time I've prepared, cooked and cleaned up the mess after a
>> meal, I can easily lose 2 or 3 hours in the day.
>
> How about fixing things that don't take so much time and effort?

I second that.  I make breakfast and lunch at the same time (lunch goes
to work with me), takes about 30 minutes or so.  I typically make a
stir-fry -- they're fast, easy, and tasty.  Dinner usually takes a
similar amount of time, so all told that's an hour a day.

Some days it's considerably less -- if I'm in a hurry I'll grab a bunch
of raw veggies and fruits, some nuts, and call it good.

>> My main concern is that since my adrenal glands are somewhat burnt out
>> (can't say how much exactly, but I know they are), that this would put
>> too much stress on my body, and instead of getting the benefits of
>> intermittent fasting I'd make things worse.  I guess I'd only know if
>> I tried though.
> I don't think that plan sounds good for your health.

I don't know about the adrenal issue, but I do know that intermittent
fasting is natural and not harmful to a healthy person.  It's not like
paleo man had a supermarket he could run to if he was hungry.  Some days
the hunt was good, some days he went home empty handed.

--
  Robert Kesterson