From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:06:11 -0400
On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Oliva wrote:

> I think the jury is still out on this one.  Not everyone is the same and
> there are probably a few people who can handle a lot of sat fat and more
> than not, most can't.  I'm not satisfied that saturated fat doesn't cause
> high serum cholesterol levels.  I'm more inclined to think it DOES.
> Oliva(Not a scientist...)

In the article at http://www.heskco.com/Karan/myth.html the
author states that about one person in 7 is a "diet responder",
i.e., a person whose cholesterol levels drop substantially when
they switch to a diet low in saturated fats.  It makes sense that
these same people would be "responders" in the other direction,
so that a diet high in saturates would result in elevated
cholesterol.

I don't think anybody knows what is different about responders.

Todd Moody