From:
Wolfson440 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 17:48:38 EDT
Well, so far so good. My husband confessed that he indulged in a cookie
yesterday (if you remember, he's the one that works in a bakery/restaurant).
But has eliminated everything else. For me, walking past the coffee pot 100
times a day at the office was horrible on Monday and Tuesday ( I just kept
drinking my tea and water) but today it wasn't too bad!!

I made my first paleo trip to the grocery store and filled the cart with meat
and veggies. The checkout lady must have thought we were having an army come
to our house for Easter or something!! But $146 later, it will be interesting
to see how long it lasts!!!

I appreciate some of the suggestions and comments I got on my first post, but
I still have some unanswered questions.

I wonder why some foods are excluded: Squash (is it all winter squash? Is
pumpkin ok?) Also, turnips and beets?? And sweet potatoes? Why not eat them??
What is the argument against these particular foods??

But what about olives and olive oil? Or how about canola oil?? My guess is
that our paleolithic anscestors would not be pressing their own oil for
cooking or to put on their salads. What are the benefits for using oils or the
arguments against it?

Also, what about condiments? Do you think there is any particular problem
using tabasco or louisiana hot sauce? They (and other condiments) contain
vinegar, but in the quantities eaten, does it really make that much
difference. I guess if we want to be purists about this, it does. Otherwise,
my guess is that it's ok. Any comments out there?

I'm also in need of breakfast suggestions. Maybe some ideas for fruit smoothie
recipes. I'm going to try some concoctions this weekend -- I went out and
bought a whole coconut and a can of coconut milk to experiment with.

I have scanned the archives for some of these questions, but haven't found any
real answers. Any comments are welcomed or references to other sources of
information.
Michelle