From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 08:51:11 +0100
At 17:19 1999-12-24 EST, Lauri wrote:

>From a paleo perspective I know some nightshades are ok.

I think they are _not_ because they are from the New World, and Homo
Sapiens is from the Old World, and could not have eaten any nightshades.
Besides at least tomatoes and potatoes seem to have thoes terrible kinds
of lectins in them that are involved autoimmune diseaeses, according to
an url that was posted on this list some time ago.

>2. There are many non-paleo foods I did not test allergic to, such as
corn!!, rice, soy, peanuts, winter squash and sweet potatoes. If the Loren
Cordain (& Ray Audette & others) theories are true about foreign proteins in
grains causing auto-immune disease,then wouldn't the body show an allergy to
whatever grains are causing this?

Allergy and the molecular mimicry mechanism that can cause autoimmune
reactions are two different things.

- Hans