From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:11:26 -0800
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:03:49 -0700, you wrote:

>>If so, where is the "Re:" and/or "Was (..." in the Subject line?
>
>The thread to which Adrienne responded was "Re: What does it take to loose
>weight: was Re: sweet potatoes."  Since Adrienne's message addressed
>something very specific, I thought it might be better to respond to her post
>by way of a new thread name given both the topic and the already-long title.
>  But apparently that's a cardinal sin.

It's not only a problem for me, it's a problem for someone reading the
archives 1 year later or 12 years later.

There's a difference between a few people sending emails to each
other, and a Mailing List hosted by a University.

If you are posting a message in a public place, you need to take a
moment and look at the post through the eyes of everyone else.

There is an ever-increasing trend of people reading (and responding
to) too many messages, and so can't give them the attention they
deserve (such as reading the entire message and proof-reading