From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:53:33 -0500
Tom Bridgeland wrote:

> On Saturday, February 14, 2004, at 12:33  PM, Adrienne Smith wrote:
>
>> Also, if man can purportedly thrive on meat and fat alone, then why
>> does one need a starchy "carb-up" to refuel glycogen stores necessary for
>> high intensity anaerobic exercise?

I'm not sure man can thrive on meat and fat alone. Perhaps the Inuits
can, perhaps some people can, but can you? Can I? I don't think so, but
I can't prove it.

Also, it is still quite controversial what paleo men and women ate. I
wouldn't be surprised if they ate as many tubers and roots as they could
find and they would get plenty of carbs this way.

We can do this today with yams, sweet potatoes, turnips, carrots, etc.,
in a non low-carb version of paleo.

--Richard