From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:52:54 -0700
>One population for which this is inappropriate is
>undiagnosed thyroid patients, who often have high
>cholesterol.

Wow.  I hadn't heard that one.  Thanks.

>So patients whose high cholesterol -- as well as other thyroid-related
>symptoms -- could be easily resolved with (relatively inexpensive) thyroid
>medication are instead given a prescription for a statin, treating a
>symptom, not the cause of their high cholesterol.

Well, of course!  If they did THAT, the pharmaceutical giants would make any
money and we can't let that happen.  That may sound sarcastic, but I firmly
believe it to be true.  If I'm wrong, may God strike me dead.

(pause)

Still here!

Dori Zook,
Denver, CO

Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up — fast & reliable Internet access with prime