Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:39:55 -0700
Wayne > I cannot believe that Paleolithic beings limited their protein
consumption to an arbitrary amount.

Agreed.  They didn't limit to an arbitrary amount, there was no
precalculation or weighing.  When carbs aren't available, humans
preferentially consume fats over protein.  What's artificial is the
brainwashing that's occurred over the last thirty years that fat is
bad, that fat makes you fat.  I find that when I consume fat to
satiation, I end up wanting about 50-100 grams of protein a day.  Some
days more, some days less.