From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:29:52 -0400
"Jean-Claude Catry" wrote:

> > I didn't know there was such an overlap of Paleo people with Natural
> > Hygienists (raw food espousers).
>
> it is not a surprise . natural hygiene look for a place where any medical
> intervention becomes  useless ( by living hygienic life style ).Some natural
> hygienists took the biase to exclude animal products but it  have not been
> allways the case historically .

Eating raw food does not give us perfect health or make health care
treatment unnecessary. Wild animals regularly succumb to infectious
diseases, parasites, and plague. Many raw-fooders died before their
time and/or became seriously ill from believing this myth.

http://www.beyondveg.com/billings-t/selected-myths/selected-myths-1a.shtml

> > I don't think raw is good when it
> > comes to meat, for many reasons, and ESPECIALLY if you didn't just catch
> > that wild game yourself (in which case raw is probably A-OK).  Today's
> > meat has been sitting around long enough to become infected.  And fed
> > wrongly, so it is infected easier.
>
> only in the pasteurian paradigme . there is many evidences that presence of"
> harmfull " bacterias doesn't equal with symptoms .

We have mislabeled some microbes as harmful, but that doesn't prove
the opposite belief, that all microbes are beneficial and harmless.
These are both dishonest and extreme views. Let us acknowledge that
certain microbes DO cause disease epidemics and death. Eating only
raw food does not make us invincible, despite the inflated hype put
out by various diet gurus.

> Also the experience of many peoples eating bacterias infested meats (ripe )
> prove that it is mostly  harmless .
> i have been doing it for 14 years and i have yet to see a problem .

Because putrefactive and pathogenic bacteria are not the same thing.
Spoiled food is safe to eat, as long as it was clean to begin with.
Also, high-quality foods are less likely to harbor pathogens.

> > And even then you will get tricinosis
> > parasites.
>
> it is such a rare occurence and there is better protection that sytematic
> cooking of all meats .
> again presence of parasites ,.bacterias or viruses doesnt mean you are going
> to develop symptoms ,most of the time nothing happen.

On the other hand, there is better protection than systematic eating
of all raw meats. Claims that cooked foods cause disease are bogus.
Processed foods and chemicals are the main cause of chronic disease.

> no matter how old is the first fire pit , (that doesn't mean sytematic
> cooking either ) the fact is that even very recently some ,hunter gatherers
> were still eating their meat raw without harmfull effect .
>
> you have 400 000 years of support for eating cooked and others have the
> entire  evolutionary time as support for eating raw .

We didn't have the entire evolutionary time eating raw. Even before
we had mastered fire, we could CARRY fire from one place to another
and use it for cooking. Animals were naturally cooked by wild fires,
volcanoes, geysers, lightning strikes, and other natural phenomena.
Our species has probably become dependent on cooked foods, to make
certain nutrients more available for our bodies and brains. Without
cooked foods, we do not attain our full potential. Raw animal foods
do not prevent malnutrition or give us perfect health.

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0310&L=paleodiet&F=&S=&P=940

Bruce Kleisner