From:
Sheryl Canter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:46:06 EST
Michael Anthony wrote:
> I am 5'10" and 226 pounds.
> I have eaten [1200 calories per day] since March, 2000 except for a two
month wheat binge where I gained 50 pounds. The binge showed me that I have a
very strong addictive allergy to wheat and that prompted me to go to
Overeaters Anonymous to help protect me from my permissive thinking.

A couple of thoughts... First, by eating so few calories, you are changing
your body's metabolism so that you will gain weight on very little food.
Your body is in starvation mode.  You have trained your body to slow down so
it can live on this little food.

Second... Your binge reaction is typical of anyone who experiences prolonged
restriction.  This is a very well documented reaction.  I don't know if you
read my other posts, but there is a school of thought that says the way to
avoid the binge is to do away with the restriction.  This is the approach
I've been taking, and it has worked for me.

     - Sheryl