Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 14:27:00 -0400
<<Admit it, Amadeus, the species appropriate diet FOR
HUMANS includes at least some animal foods. The
"original" diet a couple of million years ago may have
been fruits, nuts, and leaves - but we've obviously
adapted to a diet that includes animal foods now. Or
you wouldn't find the need to "supplement" your diet
to reach the lofty status of "true paleo".

Am I against supplementation? No! But supplementation
should be used to "supplement", not "replace" (or
"introduce").>>

Supplements should be used by those who wish to use them.  If someone feels
better on a vegetarian diet and supplements, what is wrong with this?

If someone is eating cows, pigs, chickens, etc. instead of wild game,
they're not eating paleo either.  I'd also venture a guess that the nature
of the nutritional makeup from game animals has changed somewhat  since the
Paleolithic era, due to the changes in our environment.   Heck, I'm sure
it's different depending on the area the animal lived and the conditions for
thriving over the past couple of years.

There are so many variables - and more unknowns than most think.  What we DO
know is that no ONE diet suits ALL.

Siobhan