From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 02:48:03 -0500
> >Obviously, Neoteny ( what this process is called)
>
> Neoteny means the retention of juvenile characteristics but I am not
seeing
> how this word fits into what you are saying?

" Unless ye be as little children, you will not enter the Kingdom of
Heaven."

Neoteny is the physiological process of domestication.  It can occur in
plants as well as animals.  Grains are grasses that have undergone this
process and no longer mature enough to shed their seeds without threshing by
humans and are thus incapable of reproducing on their own.

In foxes selectively bred only for tolerance for other species ( tameness )
under controlled conditions it has been found that after 15 generations
their snouts shorten, their tails curl, they develop spotted coats and they
begin to bark.  In short they become fox/dogs.  They also remain tame into
adulthood long after wild foxes lose their lack of fear of humans common in
puppies.

Tame humans would tolerate the presence of wolves especially if tolerant
wolves would help them hunt.  These tame humans would eventually have
shortened snouts and lower muscle mass than their Neanderthal relatives -
becoming Modern man.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
www.NeanderThin.com