From:
"S.B. Feldman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 07:27:14 EST
In a message dated 12/15/99 1:12:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<     I guess what I am looking for is what happens to kids that are not
 vaccinated?  It is pretty easy to see why not to vaccinate.  I can not
imagine
 taking my healthy little baby and giving him an opportunity for illness.
 Problem is everyone I know who vax their kids and "appeared" to suffer no
 adversities telling me mine will pay in the future when he gets Polio or
 Hepatitis B.  I am not going to vaccinate (no matter what) but I wish I had
 the information about the long healthy lives of those children who were not
 vaccinated.  It seems all I get is the horror stories on why not to vaccinate
 and then those that seem  to be better off because they were.  What about the
 ones who are not?  I have been trying to convince myself that it is the "no
 news is good news" theory.  If there are no horror stories widely spread
about
 a child not being vax and becoming ill is it because it does not happen?  I
 hope so but wish I could talk to someone who has been there and done this.  I
 was vaccinated as a child.  I was born in 1973 and assume I got everything
 that was available then.  I can not bear the thought of vax my son and
 everyone tells me the risk is so low anything bad will happen to him.  I tell
 them if something does happen to him then the risk was 100% to me and then I
 cannot take it back.  I am not willing to play the odds.  I would love some
 support from those in the know, if you know of any. >>
Your answers are within your writing. There are reasons entirely unrelated to
vaccinations, pros or cons, that involve not being able to 'bear the thought'
and 'no matter what' and you are looking for information that will help to
rationalize and support  your feelings. You have all of the information you
need but would benefit by analyzing your situation with the aid of someone
neutral to the vaccination question. As a new mother for the first time
exploring these feelings and how to act on them would be of the greatest
benefit to NeanderBaby.