From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:15:06 -0700
Amadeus:

Peter:

Amadeus:
 >>>The same thing of course applies to the amounts of particular plants
 >>>which later became a staple. Legumes, cereals.

Peter:
 >>This applies not only to legumes and cereals but to all edible plants
 >>"individually" as well as plant foods as a category which is why, .. a diet
 >>like the one you are eating .., is way off the
 >>charts in terms of its relevance to paleo.

Amadeus:
 >I have difficulties to understand by which reasoning you state here that
 >"plant foods as a category" was "way off the charts in terms of its
 >relevance to paleo".

Maybe your own words will help clarify: "but it's always a question of
amounts."

 >Plants as well as animals occured in great variety. That's pro variety.

Yes, variety is good.

 >Is there a point you would refer to? Or something else?

Just the obvious that there are limits to proportions and amounts of foods
and food categories that can be consumed in a paleo context.

Amadeus:
 >>>http://www.naturalhub.com/natural_food_guide_meat.htm
 >>>Now only 4 animals are staple and they are even very much
 >>>modified by agrigulture. Previousls... read yourself.

Peter:
 >>Which is an argument not to reduce intake of animal foods but to expand
 >>variety and to seek out quality of these foods.

Amadeus:
 >Yes, or course. That's why I mentioned it. Great site, isn't it?

I see you are still quite nimble at the Bavarian two-step. ;-)

 >Be shure I did read it,

"Sure" is without the "h".

 >and I know how it's reasoning meat consumption. That's no reason
 >for me not to include it.

A Freudian slip? :)

 >It's also not my intention to argue for a paleolithic vegetarianism (I don't
 >think it ever happened).

Perish the thought. ;-)

 >What I do argue for is to emphasise the importance of paleolithic plant food.

But not in paleo proportions.

 >I think the naturalhub article(s) contain several wisdoms helping to get a
 >more versatile picture of what paleolithical eating could be.

Definitely.

 >Better than "just eat cows" and then some berries and that was it.

And certainly better than "just eat as much plant food as possible". ;-)

Peter