From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:26:55 -0600
> I think it's much more "paleo" to think less about
> eating rather than more

This is an *extremely* important point, and one I think
many overlook.

Humans are, if nothing else, opportunists. Always looking
for something 'better' or 'more enjoyable'. Which is
probably why we (humanity) are in the nutritional mess
that we are today.

Would a true 'pristine' paleo ignore a chocolate candy
bar? I doubt it. Even if he/she feels awful afterwards,
the temptation to eat another one if available would
always be lurking in the back of the mind. Same thing
with beer, wine, or whatever else may be your favorite
'sinful' indulgence.

I think Todd's right. Keeping within a 'range' of good
food, with an occasional indulgence, could help many to
keep the faith about the paleo lifestyle.

I've read way too many posts by folks who 'fell off the
wagon' paleo-wise. Why? I believe it's because they tried
too be way too strict with themselves, and completely
ignored their natural 'opportunistic' nature. Perhaps
an occasional induldenge would have prevented a complete
collapse??

Of course, if you simply can't eat something because it
truly makes you sick, then you shouldn't eat it at all.
It would be best to find a replacement that fulfills
the craving (if that's what you want to call it) and
preserves your health.