From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:30:33 -0700
Todd:
 >> Does veganism cause the personality disorders, or
 >>are people with the personality disorders more like
 >> to "act out" by choosing veganism?

Show me a vegan and I will show you somebody with
an abusive and traumatic childhood.  Vegan malnutrition
only compounds the original problem over time.

Wally:
 >Good point. Ask them "why" they are vegan/vegetarians.
 >What I have found is those who answer primarily "for
 >health reasons" are much more likely to be the normal,
 >calm, civilized individuals like Amadeus.

I am biting my paleo tongue. ;-)   I find vegans
often to be easier to deal with.  They beat around
the bush less and tend to be more straightforward
whereas vegetarians I find to be more convoluted and
contentious in their intellectually dishonesty.  In my
experience inside virtually every "calm" and "normal"
health conscious vegetarian hides a fanatical vegan who
believes that raising animals for food is nothing but cruel
murder.  Of course, they are too socially savvy and
sophisticated to want to admit this so they pretend to
be more tolerant and enlightened, however, a predictable
pattern of obfuscating behavior when faced with the
shortcomings of their positions usually gives them
away.

Peter