From:
Jana Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 11:12:23 -0600
Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Another big factor is that of the huge WASTE of perfectly good food (at least
> here in the US).  There are tons of meat thrown away daily in my area because
> the beef looks a little too aged for most people's tastes and other cosmetic
> reasons.

How smart we would be if we could hang on to this meat and market it
to those who age their meat on purpose!   :-)

> I'm sure
> that hunter-gatherer groups were much smarter in allocating food resources
> than we are.

I know what you mean-- I think about all the work it takes to market
something like fresh fish-- all the rows and rows of packages sitting
there in the supermarket, and how much of it goes to waste?  I've
noticed that the fish I buy from there doesn't stay fresh for very
long once I take it home.