From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:56:29 -0700
> in Georgia the
> legal hunter hours begin 1/2 hour before sunrise and
> continue to 1/2 hour
> after sunset.

Which is probably the same pretty much everywhere.

> IF it were legal, I probably wouldn't mind going on
> some bright moonlit night
> looking for deer, since deer are frequently active
> at night.

I think you'd find it's a lot more common that you'd
guess. I live in a 'big' hunting area, and I've heard
stories from more than one hunter about bagging
something after the sun has gone down. More often than
not it's unintentional ("Be damned if this big buck
didn't just mosey on into our campsite [spit]. So I
just grabbed my gun and plugged 'em!").

My original post was more intended to emphasize the
fact that even after the sun goes down it can still be
pretty light. I am very skeptical of the notion that
early humans suddenly ceased all activity at sundown.
Hunting is but one of the many possible activities
that may have kept them up at night.

http://health.yahoo.com