From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 13:32:06 -0400
On Fri, 18 May 2001, M.E. Craddock wrote:

> Are your parents/grandparents inclined to store fat like you do? Is it
> possible that you are genetically geared toward carrying more fat than you
> would like?

No.  My parents and grandparents are/were of average build and
weight.  Both parents have high cholesterol, though.

> Are you sedentary most of the day?

It varies.  I am more sedentary that I should be, no doubt.  I
teach in a university, and when I teach I do a lot of pacing; I
can't stay still while I'm running my mouth.  When I'm not
teaching I spend a lot of time in my office reading, grading, and
doing e-mail, like this.  On the other hand, I also do a fair
amount of walking around the campus, which is up and down stairs
everywhere, to get to meetings, library, etc.

> I remember you saying before that you work out a couple of times a week doing
> strength training....did you ever start a cardio exercise program?

Yes, you won't believe this.  Years ago I bought one of those
"aerobic rider" machines -- something like a whole-body rower.
Anyway, I went into the basement, took the shirts off it, and
started using it fairly regularly.  When the weather's good, as
it is now, I usually find time to walk a couple of miles.

Todd Moody