From:
Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 2009 19:04:08 -0600
And it is sweet.  I have heard it said that the sweet taste of breast milk
ensures that the baby will eat.  Another idea, is that the sugar content of
breast milk assures that the baby will put on enough fat for protection
during it first couple of years.  If as a child you had never been given any
sweet after being weaned, you might not crave sweets or even care to have
them.

Kim