From:
"Ron Hoggan, Ed. D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:39:16 -0700
Hi Bill,
When Kate posted about joint pain she expressed the idea that she might be
causing herself gout because of uric acid in meats. I do not think that
meats cause gout. However, I have watched my wife do well on a gluten free,
casein free diet, eating a wide range of meats. However, if she eats
tomatoes or beef, her hip, knee, and foot pain returns with an almost
crippling vengeance.

I don't know if she has gout or not. Neither do I know if Kate has gout. I
just know that avoiding beef and tomatoes gives my wife considerable relief.

I also know that food allergies can contribute or even cause arthritic pain.
I am pleased for you if you do not experience arthritic pain. I, too, have
been similarly fortunate since going gluten-free. However, not everyone is
so fortunate.
Best Wishes,
Ron Hoggan, Ed. D.