Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 12:38:04 -0400
>"S.B. Feldman, MD" <[log in to unmask]> posted a study found at this site:

 <A
HREF="http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011005/hl/cholesterol_1.html">Click
here: Switching Dietary Fats Lowers Cholesterol: Study              </A>
 I recall reading about similar studies many years ago. Lowering cholesterol
is not always a good thing.  In the case of using polyunsatured oils to do
so, there are many risks.  Studies and evidience I have I read indicate that
when cholesterol levels are lowered by increasing PUFA intake (exchaning
saturated fat with polyunsaturated vegetable oils), risk of colon cancer
increases drammatically.  I don't have the refs handy.

Rachel