From:
Kenny Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 18:41:24 -0800
--- Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>   First off, I don't even consider training to be
> paleo.

I dont care if it's paleo.  I've been
blessed/developed a high aerobic capacity and I'll be
damned if I dont take advantage of it.  So I ride for
hours at a time.  Its my form of nomadic pressure and
daily hunting/gathering.

All I wanted to know is if there is a metabolic need
for increased carbs with increased activity or if the
fat would be enough and fast acting enough.  Have you
ever been so low on blood sugar that you could not
hear, barely see, have fits of diziness along with
slurred speech while working at the bookstore?

At this point in my travel thru the paleodiet, I'm
begining to notice a decreased desire for so much
fruit, but I still have my days.

Second, I now work
> In the largest text book store in the southwestern
> U.S.  This is Rush we're
> in now and the big boys are begging me to slow down.
> They have one of those
> big old time scales that I weigh myself on from time
> to time and I haven't
> noticed any weight gain or fatigue. This workout
> will last another 3 weeks.
> This is the first time I've worked this hard on a
> true paleo diet. So far, I
> haven't seen or felt the need to increase carbs. I
> like being 5' 10" @
> 150lbs. That seems to be my natural weight. If any
> thing, my tone may
> improve, but I haven't seen it yet. I could make
> myself bigger by training,
> but I'm not lacking so, why bother?

> `

=====