From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 13:44:45 -0600
At 02:43 PM 5/6/01 EDT, Charles Alban wrote:
<snip>
>Bananas are too sweet, and generally too big (they've been bred that way). I
>also eat little fruit -- mainly meat, eggs, soup, some veg. Sometimes some
>small dried figs. I think fruit is overrated as a healthy food, and its not
>paleo. All modern fruit has been selectively bred to be sweet, large and eye
>appealing. If you look for wild fruit, all you will find are a few small,
>tart berries.

I beg to differ wrt berries.  I've foraged for wild berries since I was a
kid--many of the wild ones are quite sweet.  And depending on how rainy the
weather has been, they can be more or less "plump" or concentrated in
flavor.  The plants propagate by attracting birds and animals to eat the
fruit and carry the seeds off...

Dianne