From:
Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 21:42:28 -0500
Phil,  these are excellent questions in that mcuh of the discussion on the
list gets to governmental policy and societal norms.  Certainly,  the
cereal and bakery industries would go under;  if the paleo interp included
a thrust against pesticideds, hormones and antibiotics, sveral additional
industries would flounder.  One would expect less mono crop agriculture and
much more in the way of berry farms,  nut groves and free ranging animal
agriculture.  It is intersting to speculate how techno-industry would seek
to replicate the hunter gatherer diet through mass production methods as
our populaton would dictate.  Your questions bring us to the crux
considerations for societal implementation of several issues touted on the
list which are relatively easy to implement as individual decisions but
revolutionary when envisioned en masse.  Rick