From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 03:48:27 -0500
On Thu, 3 May 2001 16:15:05 -0500, Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>> a high meat diet (>50% calories) was limited to a very small timeframe
and
>>in turn a very small genetic influence on us.
>
>"Coincidentally" *this* was the critical time frame in the transition from
>the time of homo erectus to the time of modern homo sapiens, and
>the dramatic increase in brain size to what is is today.

Could you point out which time and which food you mean?

I think you couldn't do that without rowing neanderthals into our own
anchestry. That's not state of the art - but you can argue this way.

Neanderthals did evolve bigger bodies and brains as the humans before and
after had. Bigger as our secure predecessors, the Cro Magnon people which in
Europe must have had a hunting live like Inuit for some 30k years.
Somehow it didn't help Neanderthals and Cro Magnon were left.

Amadeus