From:
Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:54:07 -0800
From: "Lurisia Dale"

>  It would also be
> interesting to see the different kinds of bodies that
> are created by training mostly slow-twitch muscle
> fibers (rock climber's lean and ripped bodies???)

I have a friend with several marathons behind her and an upcoming one in
March for which she is also the walking coach.  Her fastest time is just
over 8 hrs.  Takes a lot of slow-twitch fibers to sustain that.  She's 5'0"
tall and 219 lbs.

 > Does anybody know where I can
> find some pictures that show off the bodies of actual
> hunter-gatherers (maybe turn-of-the-century pics,
> maybe more recent ones if possible)?

A few months ago National Geographic had an update article on a small
Amazonian tribe that are h-g's.  Old Geo's would probably be a good source.
Weston Price's Nutrition and Physical Degeneration has pictures from the
late 1920's.

>All the paleo
> literature I've read describes them as extremely lean
> and muscular, but I've never actually seen what they
> look like.  It could be very inspiring.

What *all* have you been reading?  They would of course necessarily have to
be fit enough to meet the needs of self in their respective environments.
Perhaps you have an idealized image in mind.  I have yet to see any Adonis
types.  And looks don't tell the whole story.  There's no one body style or
type that shouts h/g.  Some are short and squat, even a little portly
looking.  And they sag as they get older.  No liposuction or lifts.  You
might be inspired.

Theola