From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 2004 09:07:11 -0500
>Can someone explain why being a scavenger with only one stomach is
>supposed to make an animal unfit to eat -- I mean by the time the pig
>processes whatever food through it's stomach and the nutrients are
>absorbed into his body to make his structure, why should it be unclean.

>Liz

Pigs will eat whatever they can find - including other sick or dead pigs
from the same pen or their own young. They love decaying flesh.  Since they
only have a one compartment stomach arrangement, Elmer Josephson, a cancer
survivor and author of 'God's Key to Health and Happiness', found that it
was very simple in design and combined with a limited excretory organ
system. A few hours after the pig has eaten 'trash' and possibly parasite
infected stuff, we might be eating that same trash off the ribs of the pig.

I love pork and it's hard not to have it. However, I was diagnosed with 2
parasites not too long ago and have just spent the worst 18 months of my
life. It took a while to figure out WHAT was wrong and then to combat it.
Doctors were telling me that I have IBS and then that I need to be on
anti-depressants because 'it's all in my head'. Well, once I figured out
that parasites and an overgrowth of candida were causing all my little weird
problems, I started working on getting rid of them and am very slowly
starting to feel better.

Having dealt with health issues I am being incredibly cautious. If I hadn't
dealt with all this crap I probably wouldn't be as strict and it would be
harder to stay away from pork. I am also not saying that pork CAUSED my
parasites, but I have been told by several health professionals now that you
can get parasites from pork, even after it has been fully cooked. I figure
it can't hurt not to eat it.