Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 06:34:04 -0700
ardeith l carter wrote:
> You are approaching your Change of Life,
> Physical changes
>      These androgens are con-
>      verted into estrogen in direct proportion to
>      the amount of body-fat a woman carries.

A comment and a question.  First, didn't the original writer say she was
only 37?  From the age of 40, my (former) doctor kept trying to insist
that I was going into menopause.  She kept insisting that I only THOUGHT
I had regular periods, that probably I was forgetting to mark them on
the calendar and only thought that!  Hey, I taught her!  At the age of
44 I got pregnant ... with a Norplant!  I'm now 46 and still haven't
experienced menopausal symptoms, so to blame problems at age 37 on
menopause seems to be pushing it a bit.  Breast tenderness could be
caused by many things.

But I do have a question about the estrogen in proportion to body fat
... which proportion is that?  If you have more body fat is more of the
androgen converted to estrogen or less?

Sharon