From:
Jim Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 10:09:30 +0930
"Alison Whitwood [log in to unmask] " wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Were in Oz you?

Hiya!

I'm in Adelaide.

> I'm in Sydney. I didn't realise there was a law against
> hunting roos. How strange.

The "NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE ACT 1972" prohibits the hunting of 'roos...  unless you are an Aboriginie.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/consol_act/npawa1972247/

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/consol_act/npawa1972247/s68d.html

I don't want this to drift off into a political or racism debate, but I think the issue has relevance to people wishing to live a peleo lifestyle who may find these legal barriers yet another obstacle to good health.

> I hope the aborigine knowledge of diet and health is being maintained. I
> suspect it isn't but what can you do??

I believe much of the knowledge has been written down by white's with the white's (mis) interpretation of the original Aboriginal ideas...

Still much has probably been lost to "modernisation" of Aboriginies...

Sad.

Jim.