From:
"Balzer, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:15:39 +1000
Wally,
I'm saying all high protein diets are pre-ordained to failure unless you add
organ meats and preferably marrow too. If the food would kill a brown dog,
why wouldn't it kill you? The work around for people who don't like liver
must include sources of omega 3 and B-vitamins, but like most work-arounds
this is not as good as the real thing. Your work around is good- I take a
B-complex if I haven't been getting enough liver (I always have lots of
fish), and this helps keep my coat shiny :-).

This is why Atkins and Scarsdale diets are such bull, and so are Paleo diets
if you ignore this rule. They certainly aren't truly Paleo if you don't eat
organ meats- see www.naturalhub.com for some comments on how hunter
gatherers cherished organ meats. It is also backed up by other studies on
H-G's.

Cheers
Ben

Interesting analysis Ben. It would appear (on the
surface anyway) that you're saying that a high
protein/organ/bone diet could be approximated with a
high protein/fruit/vegetable diet so long as a
sufficient omega 3,6 source is added? In other words,
if you are eating a high than 'normal' protein diet
you can 'balance' it out by either adding organ meats
and bone(marrow) *or* adding veggies/fruits plus a
proper omega fat source?